February 26
Hike 1.5 miles
A chilly start to the day and a little misty. Then a downpour to clear the salt and dirt from the MoHo. But it was sunny and beautiful by 9:00.
I really drove today: 65 miles and 1 1/2 hours:
We passed the devastation of the 2011 tornado we noticed last year:
Then we saw our first Dogwoods in bloom (we had seen a Redbud in bloom in Tupelo). The further southwest we travel, the closer we get to spring!
I drove again and actually parked AND drove on to the levelling blocks. I AM WOMAN!
We got to the Jeff Busby, also free and pretty, campground and decided it was time for a walk. So off we went in winter clothes:
Loved this burled tree:
Here’s a little story about buying wine. We love Walmart wine. It’s cheap ($3.00) and pretty good. But not always available. We couldn’t buy it in Ohio because it was Sunday. Counties near the Interstate in Kentucky are mostly dry, so no luck (at least we KNEW that from last year). Then, in Tennessee, Walmarts only sell beer. In desperation, we spent $7.00 a bottle (horrors) in a liquor store in Tupelo, Mississippi. We have resolved to stock up, maybe in Louisiana. I know you all wanted to know this.
This was a good day.
But still no chair. So here’s the view of our campsite:
No comments:
Post a Comment