Day 6:
August 14
Another
spectacular day!
We
were awakened by a cacophony of sound at 6:30 and looked out to see
hundreds and hundreds of cormorants flying just above the water.
We're guessing that some kind of fish, maybe mackerel or herring, was
schooling nearby. Too early to find a camera!
The
day started sunny, so we decided on a bike tour of the entire North
Cape Coastal Drive. I was able to sit back, relax and just enjoy the
beautiful sights.
Biker
Chick:
At
Jude's Point, we saw scores of Great Blue Heron feeding:
We
passed through large and small fisheries:
And
saw many, many beautiful wooden churches (and we think the province
should provide a “Wooden Church Tour” of the island):
Lunch
was ice cream at Scooters (is that wrong?):
Three
hundred kilometers later, we completed the tour, and I have to say
that I love our bike.
It was
another wonderful day, finished with another campfire. We're moving
east tomorrow.
Here's
a view from my chair:
and my
favourite view from the bike (most pictures today were from the
bike):
No comments:
Post a Comment