Day 15
Another
sunny day in Nova Scotia. Good for driving, I guess. We decided not
to take the ferry, so made good time getting through NS and New
Brunswick, all the way to Parc Provincial de la Republique by 8:00.
We
stayed again in site 82, so no new view from my chair. Just a long day.
We did
note that there are no interesting signs on any Canadian highways.
Not good for the blog :-)
Days 16 and 17
We've
stayed in this park many times, and have never visited the NB
Botanical Gardens, so today was the day. It's a lovely garden:
The
best part was the butterflies:
We
could hear the whine of a power tool and followed it to the workshop
of Luc Cyr, the artist in residence. He creates beautiful wooden
sculptures, especially birds, and he made me little male figure which
I've named Luc and will cherish:
After
this diversion, we hit the road and got through NB and Quebec easily
with leisurely stops and snoozes. Montreal was a breeze at 8:00 and
we stopped at the Flying J just in to Ontario for a sleep. Home by
noon and very happy with our Down East visit.
Here
are the treasures I collected. I love finding beautiful beach glass,
rocks and shells wherever we go. Great memories!





No comments:
Post a Comment