Friday, October 12, 2012

Eastern Shore Oct. 12


Day 19

It was a beautiful sunny but very cold start to the day.

I had read about The National Civil War Museum in Harrisburg, and we went to see it.

Wow. Given our trip through the south and crossing the Mason Dixon Line yesterday, we feel quite immersed in this period in American history, so the museum was a fitting end to the trip.

It was also a realistic (I think) depiction of the situation from both sides and very educational:

Again, the Americans really know how to display their heritage.

Our pictures were few, but the exhibits were beautiful. You need to see it:





After lunch, we headed to Lancaster and Amish/Mennonite country. Beautiful farmland, the occasional buggy and old-time farming techniques (hand picking corn???) led in to Intercourse, where I wanted to stay. But the town is full of tourists and taking 41 feet of vehicles through the crowded streets was not fun. Intercourse was full (I am leaving the innuendo up to you), so we headed towards Allentown and home.

We found the expensive ($43...it's OCTOBER people!) Pine Hill RV Park and pulled in to stay warm on this night which is expected to go below freezing (David is worried about pipes and water).

Talked to my Dad and he said it'll be -5 C in Bailieboro tomorrow. I want the beach!

Here's the final view from my chair for this trip. Next stop, home!


No comments:

Post a Comment