I just realized calling this blog “OB” for “Outer Banks” is officially a misnomer. Oh well.
We got away early on an other sunny morning towards Lancaster, PA and Amish Country.
First, we stopped and took the Factory Tour of the Harley Davidson Plant in York:
It was okay and we saw some nice Hogs and even got a postcard and pin for a souvenir!
Next, we did our usual quick and fruitless tour of an outlet mall.
But our reward was an amazing tour of the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania in Strasburg. I’ll let the picture speak for themselves. We were pretty much the only ones there. I noted the differences between me and David in a place like this. I was drawn to all the displays with words and stories and people and artifacts: the social history. David was drawn to the machines, and since he had the camera…
We then found a Walmart after seeing two Amish men on scooters. A little reading taught us that bicycles are forbidden since too “mechanical” and might take young people too far away, but scooters (foot-powered) were allowed (though one of the young men was watching all the action at Walmart).
Nice day. But I forgot to get a view from my chair (but it WAS Walmart!).
No comments:
Post a Comment