March 7, 2014
GORGEOUS Day!
We started with a 12 km bike ride on the beach. I, of course, was in PinkintheRink for Power Pink Friday. In fact, I noticed a lot of women wearing pink today, and I chose to believe they were wearing it for the cause!:
We got pretty close to Corpus Christie and saw all the preparations for Spring Break on the beach. The beaches have been groomed into two lanes of traffic, clean places to party and lots of garbage cans. People were already in premium spots on the jetty. I can’t imagine how the week will be. We’ll head out for Brownsville tomorrow.
That was the highest dose of sun for us, so we lazed about after lunch. I went beachcombing for an hour or so. I saw this sweet Tri-coloured Heron:
…these anglers on the jetty:
…and received my first “Howdy” from a Texan!
I continued my search for a perfect Sand Dollar and only found Sand Nickels, Dimes and Quarters (this spot looked like a Piggy Bank exploded):
Then I found this perfect specimen (complete with some other long-dead critter):
The beach is being patrolled by military, probably local news and Coast Guard helicopters:
It was a great day, even for Mandy. This Cat’s Eye View is of her yawning in the sun:
Here’s the view from my chair over the dunes that lead to the beach I loved for the last three days:
No comments:
Post a Comment