Sunday, March 6, 2011

Texas 2011-Day 2

An okay hotel sleep and an early departure. It was sunny and quite beautiful (35-40 degrees, we now think in Imperial again!). The drive through Kentucky  was good. I sang every Kentucky song I knew (and in fact Ohio songs...anyone know a Michigan song?) much to David's delight. We headed in to Tennessee (yes, Tennessee Waltz, Tennessee Birdwalk,...). State FOUR! 


I really feel the Civil War when I pass through the south. We bought a throw-away phone and a cheap plan to keep in touch with Dad, etc. 


Saw the greatest sign on the highway: "Used Cows For Sale". 


Pulled in to Memphis and the Graceland RV Park. Our first night in the MH. Had to de-winterize. All to the songs of our first Mockingbird! It's a beautiful bird and it apparently really mocks the tunes of any bird. Someone told us he had heard that, in urban areas, it'll even mock a car alarm! Urban myth? Also saw our first trees in bloom!


Great sleep in our lovely bed. Kevin and Alana, you'll like that the wireless login and password were both "happycamper"! A good day.


Our only picture is of our MH at the Graceland RV Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment