Sunday, March 6, 2011

Texas 2011-Day 5

A good sleep and a muggy morning. Within minutes, the winds were up and it stated to pour. It couldn't have been for more than an hour or so. After, and much cooler, I walked up to the Bayfront beach sites (very windy but beautiful). Pelicans everywhere, some black-headed gulls and even a sandpiper of some sort. Feeling very tropical.


After lunch, we took the bikes and road around the park. Some great pictures taken (we'll upload soon) of water birds, including a white Crane-like bird (this is a spot for Whooping Cranes, but this seemed too small so maybe an egret?), some unusual ducks and two kinds of pelicans. 


The wooded campsites were quite different from our Gulf-side spot. Lots of people but not "crowded" So many people stopped and chatted and I felt very comfortable and happy. It was sunny after the storm and very warm (around 70). This is what I expected and wanted. A great day.


More pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment