Sunday, March 6, 2011

Texas 2011-Day 3

How can you be across the road from Graceland at the Graceland RV Park and NOT go to Graceland? 


It's quite a slick operation and there were few people when we got the shuttle, so it was a nice visit. The house, to me, was smaller and less grand (myth vs reality) but amazing to see. I felt sad often and in awe of the display of Elvis' talent. I shed a little tear when I approached the Serenity Garden and the gravesites. I'm glad we went.


We headed out towards Texas. I saw my first cottonfield ever (white fluff in bloom) in Arkansas (the cat's SIXTH state) then the beginning of many blooming daffodils. Lovely.


We stopped at a "famous" Camping World store and it was bust. But it was a stop in the 70+ weather! We pushed a little too hard in our destination and hit Texarkana, TX (yep, state SEVEN) late. The RV park I picked was unstaffed and a little spooky, so we drove on. It was dark, so another hotel stop (in Cass County, in honour of Cassie).


We've added our Graceland pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment