Saturday, March 10, 2012

Florida Day 10


Another beautiful start to a beautiful day. I cycled to Starbucks (yum) and enjoyed some WiFi and writing time. It still amazes me that we're in the woods at the ocean but only 5 minutes away from this funky spot with coffee and shops.

The sky today was SUCH a vibrant blue: clear and sparkly.

We had some lunch then headed for the hiking/biking trail that's in the State Park and National Forest, across the road.

The trail was mostly easy to ride with some sandy spots. There was hanging moss and pines and it was beautiful:




The smoke of the controlled fire we saw yesterday



became this charred landscape today:



We spoke with a Park firefighter who assured us we were safe and that there was a shortcut (okay, I decided with limited info it was a shortcut). We rode through what became the Fire Route and a sandy walk/ride through the heat of the day that was iffy until we heard the sounds of the highway. Finally, we hit civilization and rode back through Seaside and home again. 7.9 miles of biking and hiking today!

After a rest, I left David snoozing and walked the beach again. I feel very close to my Mom when I walk the beach. She and my Dad loved to do that in South Carolina, Florida, Mexico and Hawaii.

We decided to actually reserve places for the weekend (REAL start of Spring Break in the area though it goes on and on for a month or so). We're heading inland for a few days.

We had another nice campfire with Mo, Tim, Margaret and John. Perfect day.

Here's another very cute view from my chair:


No comments:

Post a Comment