Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Florida Days 1 and 2


Florida Days 1 and 2

After 4 1/2 months of a nice Fall and relatively mild Winter, we're on the road again. It feels great. However, our hearts are a bit heavy (and my lap a bit cold since that's where she rode) as we cope with travelling without our cat, Cassie. She would have liked this. Here's a picture of her favourite activity during last year's Winter trip:




We had a sunny day for travelling and a quick stop at the Port Huron border (he didn't even come on board). We love our new satellite radio and Sirius. I can sing every song from the 50's, 60's, 70's and some of the 80's (and I do, much to David's chagrin).

We passed lots of dead deer on the highways of Michigan then saw four swans in Indiana ponds!

We stopped at a Super 8, thus no "view from my chair"!

We woke to tornado warnings scheduled for our route, but left anyway in rain under overcast skies. But we were safe. It was 39 degrees and dull when we left at 8:00, the sun was out by 9:00, it was 65 degrees by 10:00 and 68 by 11:00.

Favourite signs (and so far, so boring I must say) were these:

Motorcycle Aciidents? Call the man with the Bible
Don't Drive Naked
A two part sign with "Jesus Saves"/"Car Wash" (when I commented, David stayed focused on the KFC Buffet sign beside it!)
THEN there was the KFC Yum Center in Louisville (still craving KFC now)

We saw people golfing in Indianapolis and more in Edinburgh (of course).

We stopped at 11:30 and off came the down vest and up were coming daffodils, day lilies and irises.

We noticed the air smelled sweet then saw the Fruit of the Loom factory!

We stopped at the Bluegrass RV Park in Franklin (which was just missed by a tornado earlier that day) and enjoyed a night in the MoHo (serenaded by coyotes very near by).

Here's the view from my chair (note the happy robin):


2 comments:

  1. So happy to see the view from your chair again :) Hugs and kisses to the happy travellers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda, I love the "view from my chair" photos, and have sort of adapted/adopted it. I'm now taking photos of each of our campsites, which I'm sorry I didn't do last year since they were so much more interesting.
    Happy travels! Too bad we won't see each other in FL.

    ReplyDelete